Global sports media agency Spring Media is recruiting for a
General Manager – Wnited Women’s Football Community
Wnited will be the new home of women’s football. Wnited aims at tapping into an underserved market by creating a commonplace for women’s football content and a community feel for the growing group of women’s football fans globally.
About the role
Managing Wnited will not be just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something big, and something that really matters, at the center of development of women’s football. You will work with the best leagues, teams and players in the world, as well as strong global brands, supported by experienced and dedicated colleagues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Strategy: Together with Spring Media management develop and implement the long term strategy of Wnited.
- Project Management: Lead the project from now until launch and beyond, coordinating a team of people with varying expertise.
- PR: Act as the face of Wnited for PR purposes (interviews, conferences/events, thought leadership).
- Leadership: Recruit, organize and lead a team to build and execute on the business plan.
- Marketing: Manage multi-channel marketing activities to drive brand sentiment and user growth.
- Sponsor partnerships: Identify and negotiate sponsorship agreements with global brands.
- Product: Shape the media product Wnited, including contracting live rights for matches and running social media .
What You’ll Need
- Entrepreneurial acumen and background.
- Interest in, and knowledge about, women’s sports and preferably women’s football.
- Background in media with an understanding of the social media landscape and development.
- Experience in building and leading teams.
We believe you have enough work experience to confidently take on management of a project with great growth potential. You can work autonomously, take ownership and operate best without lots of bureaucracy. And oh, we believe you’re a woman. Not because that’s necessary to get the job done, but because most of your colleagues will be men and we value diversity.
The role entails occasional long working hours required in conjunction with matches, deadlines and events, as well as international travel. You will be working out of Spring Media’s offices in central Stockholm.
Please send your application to Spring Media CEO Tobias Osmund at email@example.com . Please also use e-mail (don’t call) for any questions.
We aim to fill the position asap and will be reviewing applications and interviewing continuously.