MARE NOSTRUM – SWIMMING CIRCUIT
The Mare Nostrum series is a three-part swimming circuit by the Mediterranean Sea, with meets in Canet en Roussillon (France), Barcelona and Monaco. It gives out bonuses to the top four men and women overall, adding up competitors’ best meets in FINA points at each of the tour stops. The swimmer with the highest race total wins the tour. Many of the leading swimmers worldwide have attended Mare Nostrum: among them Sara Sjöström, Kathleen Baker and Ian Thorpe.
Event: Monaco June 8-9, Canet en Roussillon June 11-12 and Barcelona June 15-16 – 2019
Production: Ready-to-air, English non-branded graphics, International sound
Delivery: Satellite or BT Tower, stream
Rights: All broadcast media including TV, Internet, mobile
PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES AND SWIMMERS
ALGERIA – Algerian Swimming Federation.
ARGENTINA – Argentina Swimming Federation.
AUSTRIA: USC Graz
AZERBAJAN – Azerbaijan swimming Federation.
BELGIUM – Kimberly BUYS – European bronze medalist 2018 – 50m butterfly.
BRAZIL – Represented by Bruno FRATUS; Jhennifer CONCEIÇAO; Felipe LIMA;- Bruno FRATUS: World vice-champion 50m freestyle 2017 in Budapest;- Felipe LIMA: World champion 100m breaststroke 2013 in Barcelona.
4x100 men – Breno CORREIA – Gabriel SANTOS – Marcelo CHIERIGHINI – Pedro SPAJARI
CANADA – CN Sherbrooke; Canada swim team;
– Penny OLEKSIAK: Olympic Vice-champion100m butterfly, Olympic champion 100 freestyle 2016 in Rio de Janeiro
– Kierra SMITH: Finalist A 200m breaststroke 2016 in Rio de Janeiro
CZECH REPUBLIC: Federation
DANMARK – Represented by KVIK Kastrup swim team.
EGYPT – Egyptian swimming federation.
FRANCE: Elite National Team, Junior National Team, Canet 66 Natation
GREAT BRITAIN: Federation,
– Tom DEAN 1 European medal,
– James GUY Silver Olympic medal at 4x200 freestyle relay, Silver Medal at 4x200 medley relay 3 world medals + Gold Medal in 4x200m freestyle relay, Gold Medal in 4x200m freestyle relay & Silver Medal in 4x100m medley relay, 2 European medals + Gold Medal at 4x200m freestyle relay, Gold medal at 4x100m medley relay, Gold Medal mixed 4x100m medley relay, Gold at 4x100m medley relay,
– Calum JARVIS 2 Gold World Medal at 4x200m freestyle relay & 1 Bronze European Medal
– Cameron KURLE 2 European Medals: Gold Medal at 4x200 freestyle relay & Bronze Medal mixed 4x200 freestyle relay
– Siobhan Marie O’CONNOR 1 Olympic Medal, 1 World Medals + Gold Medal at 4x100m medley relay, 1 European Medals + Gold at 4x100m medley relay, Gold at 4x100m mixed medley relay & Bronze at 4x100m medley relay, Putteridge Swimming Club, University Of Edinburgh
– Kristian GKOLOMEEV 1 European Medal, Apostolos CHRISTOU 3 European Medal
HONG KONG – Represented by Hong Kong amateur Swimming Association.
– Ajna KESELY: European vice-champion2018 400m and 800m freestyle, bronze medal 1500m freestyle 2018 in Glasgow.
ICELAND – Icelandic Swimming Federation.
IRELAND – Ireland swimming federation;
– Shane RYAN: European bronze medal 50m backstroke 2018 in Glasgow
JAPAN – Japan Swimming Federation
– Daiya SETO: World bronze medal 200m butterfly 2017; World bronze medal 400m medley 2017 in Budapest; Olympic bronze medal 400m medley 2016 in Rio de Janeiro
– Yasuhiro KOSEKI: World vice-champion 200m breaststroke 2017 in Budapest; Finalist A 100m and 200m breaststroke Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro
KYRGYZSTAN – Kyrgyzstan Swimming Federation.
LITHUANIA: USC Graz
– Giedrius TITENIS 1 World Medal & 3 European Medals
NORWAY – Norwegian Swimming Federation
– Henrik CHRISTIANSEN: European vice-champion 400m freestyle 2018 Glasgow; Finalist Olympic games 1500m freestyle 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
RUSSIA – Russian Swimming Federation
– Aleksandr KRASNYKH: World bronze medal 200m freestyle 2017 in Budapest
– Yuliya EFIMOVA: World champion 200m breaststroke 2017; World vice-champion 50m breaststroke 2017 in Budapest; European champion 50m breaststroke 2018 in Glasgow; European champion 100m breaststroke, 200m breaststroke 2018 in Glasgow; World vice-champion 100m breaststroke, 200m breaststroke 2016 in Rio de Janeiro
– Mikhail DOVGALYUK: European vice-champion 400m freestyle 2018 in Glasgow; European bronze-medal 200m freestyles 2018 in Glasgow
– Anna EGOROVA: European bronze medal 800m freestyle 2018 in Glasgow;- Svetlana CHIMROVA: European vice-champion 100m butterfly 2018 in Glasgow.
– Veronika ANRUSENKO (maiden name POPOVA) 1 World Medals + Silver Medal in 4x100 medley relay & 2 European Medals
– Mikhail VEKOVISHCHEV 1 World Medal & 2 World Medals,
– Vladislav GRINEV 3 European Medals,
– Andrey ZHILKIN 1 European Medal,
– Evgeny RYLOV 1 Olympic Medal, 3 World Medals & 4 European Medals,
– Anton CHUPKOV 1 Olympic Medal, 2 World Medals & 3 European Medals, Club Tatarstan
SERBIA – Represented by SC Dinamo.
SOUTH AFRICA – South Africa swimming Federation.
SPAIN: Catalan Federation
SWEDEN – Swedish swimming federation.
SWITZERLAND: Nuoto Sport Locarno
TURKEY: Federation, Selen ÖZBILEN Bronze 4x100m freestyle relay at EYOF (2015)
UKRAINE – Ukraine Swimming Federation;- Andriy GOVOROV: World bronze medal 50m butterfly 2017 in Budapest; European champion 50m butterfly 2018 in Glasgow.
URUGUAY – Uruguayan Swimming Federation.
– Tom SHIELDS Gold Olympic Medal in relay 4x100m medley & Gold World Medal in relay 4x100 medley
-Michael ANDREW World Junior Champion, Longhorn Aquatics,
– Madisyn COX World Medal 1 gold in relay & 1 bronze Longhorn Aquatics