Spring Media is recruiting for a
Business Manager – UK & Ireland
Summary of Position:
Spring Media is planning to open a London office and is looking for a highly motivated person to take on this role. We offer a position where you oversee the global media licensing for some of the world’s biggest football clubs, as well as manage the United Kingdom business of Spring Media. We think you have relevant experience from the sports media industry, are self-motivated, have great interpersonal skills and a strategic and customer focused mindset. You have a winning attitude and don’t give up until the task is completed.
- Role: Business Manager, UK & Ireland
- Location: London, UK
- When: As soon as circumstances allow
- Salary: To be discussed
Overall job description:
To oversee the international media content distribution for leading football club clients in the UK. Tasks include:
- Strategy – together with Spring Media management and the club’s media manager develop and implement international sales strategies.
- Sales – coordinating international sales efforts with Spring Media sales team.
- Distribution – coordinating content distribution, customer development and support.
- Reporting – client reporting, internal reporting.
- Liaise with the Stockholm head office and utilise the knowledge and resources to best service the football club clients.
Develop new business opportunities and manage existing Spring Media customers in the UK and Ireland region. Tasks include:
- Sports media rights acquisitions.
- Sports media rights sales / licensing.
- Production services.
- Satellite and streaming distribution services.
- OTT streaming services and media management services.
- Media rights consultancy services.
The role entails occasional long working hours required in conjunction with matches, special projects, deadlines and events, as well as regular travel throughout the region and Europe.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from the sports media industry
- Experience from working on a strategic level
- Fluent in English. Excellent level written and oral communication / presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and commercialise new business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, sell and grow new business assets.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfil financial targets.
- Demonstrated planning and follow-through capabilities.
- Mindful of costs and the importance to manage business in a cost-efficient manner.
- Self-going and self-motivated with capability to establish partnerships and business initiatives in the region.
- Multi-tasking, high attention to detail and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability to a rapidly changing market environment.
To apply, or if you have questions, please e-mail (don’t call):
Tobias Osmund, CEO Spring Media: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Media is a sports media rights agency with head office in Stockholm Sweden and regional offices in France and Mexico City. Spring Media has grown steadily since its launch in 2011 and specialises in media rights acquisition and sales, production and distribution services and digital and OTT strategies and implementation. Spring Media licenses over 5,000 hours of live sports annually to more than 300 broadcasters and digital platforms around the world. The key objective is always the same in all projects where we are involved – to bring value to our clients.